If you’re planning your holidays the last thing you need to be worrying about is renting a car in Ireland. It isn’t always as straightforward as you might think so follow some basic rules to ensure you don’t get stuck.
We would obviously always recommend you hire a car from ourselves but in any event here are a few tips to help you make car rental in Ireland as stress free as you can.
From hidden charges to being slapped with a hefty bill for items you thought were included, there are a several things you need to look out for.
Before renting the car
* Are you booking directly from a car rental company or via an online agent? If the latter, then remember they are only liable to return the administration fee you paid them if something goes wrong. With Dooley Car Rental we will refund all booking money help if you need to cancel
* When looking for the best bargain, bear in mind that very often Car Rental prices quoted online contain only the basics. Always check the price of extras that you may need during your rental: child seat, additional driver, extra insurance, collision damage waiver, excess waiver etc.
Dooley Car Rentals has a price promise guarantee that whatever you are quoted, will be exactly what you have to pay… No More !!!
* If you are picking up at the airport there is usually a compulsory charge for that but some rental companies don’t include it in the initial quote so double-check that too. Dooley Car Rental always include this fee in all quotes on our web site www.dan-dooley.ie
* Pay special attention to the fuel policy and make sure it is explained to you clearly before you confirm the booking. You don’t want a deal where you are collecting with a full tank and returning with an empty one as you’ll be charged at inflated prices for the fuel.
Instead ask to return the car full, that way you can get the best deal yourself at the pumps.
* Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy, just in case. We at Dooleys provide a full refund for all bookings in the event of you requiring to cancel the car rental reservation
* If you plan on crossing a border make sure your insurance will cover you for the Northern Ireland. Once again Dooley Car Rentals are one of the few car hire companies in Ireland that do not have a separate charge for this