What’s included in your Dooley Car Rentals quote?
We know that renting a car for the first time can often be a daunting process. That is why Dooley Car Rentals try to make that process as easy, accessible and consumer friendly as possible. We pride ourselves on having transparent and easy to understand pricing that is clear for all to see.
Our Dooley Price Guarantee is our promise to you that you will only pay what is quoted in the price on our web site. There are no hidden charges or non optional extra costs that will be added to to your quote when you pick up the car.
Therefore we would like to take a moment to explain to you what’s included in your Dooley Car Rental quote when you book a car. Essentially it’s everything you need to take the car and drive off on your journey.
When you make a car rental booking in Ireland our quote includes:
- The cost of the hiring the vehicle which includes unlimited mileage
- Vehicle Road Tax fees
- Any City or Airport surcharge if applicable
- Vehicle Damage Cover (Subject to an excess)
- Vehicle Theft Cover. (Subject to an excess)
- Third Party Insurance.
- Collision Damage Insurance (CDW) (unless you choose not to include)
- VAT (Value Added Tax)
- Cross Border Driving Fee (We don’t charge this unlike others)
- Driver Age Surcharge will be quoted & included if applicable
- Out of Hours Pickup (if a charge applies it will be included in the quote)
- One Way Rentals (if a charge applies it will be included in the quote)
- 24 Hour Breakdown Cover
As you can see this list provides everything in one quote for you to drive off straight away.
However, we believe in making your journey as easy and stress free as possible. That’s why we also provide other great products, at additional charges, to ensure you have complete peace of mind.
What’s not included in your quote, but available to purchase as an optional extra:
Additional Insurance Cover – Our Additional Insurance Cover provides the following additional insurance cover (on top of the basic cover included in your quote):
- Excess Liability – All rentals that include CDW and are subject to liability excess, ranging from €1,200 to €2,200 depending on the vehicle in the Republic of Ireland and ranging from £600 to £800 depending on the vehicle in Northern Ireland. Super Damage Waiver Insurance (SDW) can be purchased to reduce the excess liability amount. In the Republic of Ireland you may reduce the excess to €100 if you purchase Super Damage Waiver Insurance (SDW). In Northern Ireland you may reduce the excess to zero if you purchase Super Damage Waiver Insurance (SDW). The rates per day to reduce the excess by car type range from €15 to €22 per day in the Rep of Ireland and £10 to 12 in Northern Ireland. Please click here to get more info on insurance terms and conditions.
- Tyres & Glass Coverage – You may reduce the liability for tyre and glass damage to zero for a payment of €5/UK£4 per rental day.
- PAI (Personal Accident Insurance) – giving you cover for medical expenses in the event of an accident. This may be purchased for €6.50/£5 per day and covers the driver only to a maximum of €12,500/ £10,000
Additional Drivers – only the driver named on the rental agreement is covered as standard. Additional drivers can be added at time of pick up. The cost for each additional driver is €10/£8 per day. Normal age and licence requirements apply to all additional named drivers.
Fuel Charges – All customers will be charged locally for a full tank of fuel and will be requested to return the vehicle empty. This policy is enforced for rentals of 4 days or longer. For rentals of 3 days or less, the customer has an option to return the car full or empty. If returned full, a refund of fuel charged will be given, however there will be no refunds for cars returned with a partially full tank of fuel.
GPS – To make getting from A to B that much easier and stress free with a Dooley Car Rentals GPS satellite navigation device (available from all Irish car rental locations)
Child & Booster Seats – it’s a legal requirement for children to use one of these seats if they are under 12 years of age, or, under 135cm. Both Booster Seats and Child Seats are available, once they are requested at the time the booking is made. The cost is €40/£35 per rental. Our child seats are forward facing and are suitable for children between 9kg – 18kg. Our Booster seats are suitable for children between 15kg and 25kg in weight.
Like all other car rental companies there are some avoidable charges which will be levied if rules are broken. These charges relate to any speeding tickets, parking fines, toll fees, lost keys fees, incorrect fuel being added to the car …DOH! and also damage to the vehicle. But we know if you are careful and follow the terms of the rental these charges should not apply.
If you have a query about what you have been quoted, please contact our reservations team on +353 62 53103 or email us on email@example.com. There are more details on all our Terms & Conditions available here.