Dooley Car Rentals
This policy sets out to the privacy practices of Knocklong Car Rentals DAC, trading as Dooley Car Rentals, (“Dooley Car Rentals”) in connection with this website (the “Website”). Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting dandooley.com, dan-dooley.ie or dooleycarrentals.com, you are consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Dooley Car Rentals fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this Website without your clear knowledge. Any personal information which you volunteer to Dooley Car Rentals will be treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The information we collect about you depends on what you do when visiting our Website. We set out below the various kinds of information that we collect and how we use it.
If you visit our site for browsing purposes, we automatically collect and store the following information about you:
- the IP address from which you access the Website (an IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web);
- the previous Website address from which you accessed the Website, including any search terms used;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website;
- the date and time of your access to the Website;
- the pages you visit.
We use this information to help us make the Website more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to the Website and the type of technology that our visitors use. [We do not track or record information about individuals on their visits.] We may compile and report aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information. Any such statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
If you complete a rental reservation on this Website, we may collect and store the following information in order to allow you to access and use the platform:
- Contact Name;
- Contact Address;
- Contact Phone Number;
- Email Address;
- Credit Card Information; and
- any other personal information you provide at the time of your reservation.
We use this information in order to process and fulfil your reservation(s), to deal with any queries you may have, (iii) for billing or payment purposes, (iv) to perform our obligations with respect to your booking, (v) to process of any claims relating to your rental, and (vi) to address queries received from relevant authorities in respect of your rental. We may also store this information in order to maintain records of transactions conducted on the Website.
You may choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail and postal address) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. We use these details solely for the purpose of dealing with your query.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser settings. For further information about how to turn off cookie acceptance please refer to the “Help” function in your browser.
Please note that disabling cookie support may prevent the Website from functioning properly and you may not be able to fully utilise all of its features and services.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 7 and 8 of the Companies Act 2014.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Dooley Car Rentals or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or request from an applicable authority (including a law enforcement authority), or in order to enforce or apply our Rentals Booking Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dooley Car Rentals, our customers, or others.
Your Access and Amendment Rights
You have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to obtain a copy of any personal data which we hold about you (for which we may charge you a small fee) and to have inaccuracies in the information corrected. If you wish to avail of any of these rights, please write to us at Atul.Khanna@ehi.com.
Third Party Sites
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
In connection with this Agreement, Knocklong Car Rentals DAC:
- Knocklong Car Rentals DAC, trading as Dooley Car Rentals, (the “Company”) may use the data relating to you which is collected in connection with this Agreement or otherwise for the purposes of (i) the proper processing and fulfilment of your booking(s), (ii) dealing with any queries you may have, (iii) billing and/or payments, (iv) to perform our obligations with respect to this Agreement, (v) to process any claims relating to this Agreement and (vi) to address queries received from relevant authorities in respect of this agreement. The Company may disclose your data to its agents, dealers and service providers for these purposes.
- The Company may also share your data:
with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 7 and 8 of the Companies Act 2014;
with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract that the Company enters into with you;
if the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, with that third party; or
with relevant third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or any request from an applicable authority (including a law enforcement authority), or in order to enforce this Agreement and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its customers, or others.
- You have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to obtain a copy of any personal data held about you (for which the Company may charge a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in such personal data.